Dear PSCCC families,
Here are more details, and volunteer opportunities (FOR COLLECTIVE CREDIT!), about the upcoming Fall Festival!
What: PSCCC School-Wide Fall Festival / Play date
When: Sunday, Oct. 5th, 11 am – 1 pm
Where: Mount Prospect Park Lawn next to playground located on Eastern Parkway between Brooklyn Botanical Gardens and the Public Library entrances. http://www.
Who: All PSCCC families, friends and relatives
Each family should bring whatever they would like to eat and drink for themselves (please, nut free!) and a mini pumpkin or gourd for decorating. The kids should wear clothes that can handle paint, glue and muck from the park. We’ll have simple activities to entertain the kids – decorating mini pumpkins and gourds, making fall collages with leaves, temporary tattoos, and some kind of physical game to get the kids up on their feet. But mostly it will be an opportunity to get to know each other better, and hopefully to talk to at least one family you haven’t met yet.
We’d like to ask for volunteers for the following things. All of the tasks below will get you COLLECTIVE CREDIT!
* Activity leaders for the art projects, tattoos and physical game. These people would put in an hour of the two hours helping the kids with the projects (so that everyone could get time to socialize).
* Help set-up/save the spot volunteer who can arrive by 10 a.m.
* A clean-up volunteer to help us (in case we make a big mess!)
* One volunteer to buy, and bring the following supplies to the school before Friday the 3rd:
10 additional mini pumpkins/gourds for families that don’t manage it!
100 temporary tattoos
Enough cheap stickers for 40 odd pumpkins
* One volunteer to lend us 2-3 plastic tarps for pumpkin decorating and fall collage making, and bring them to school before Friday the 3rd.
Looking forward to celebrating fall together! – Your social committee heads, Jane (Becket, Rainbows) and Liz (Reuben, Rainbows)