WHO WE ARE
The Park Slope Child Care Collective is a not-for-profit, licensed, full-day preschool and child-care center. It was founded by neighborhood families in 1971 to provide a nurturing and engaging environment for the young children (ages 2-4) of working parents. Our approach includes play-based learning, an emphasis on the development of the whole child (social, emotional, cognitive, and physical growth), and child-centered curricula.
The Collective student body reflects the ethnic, racial, economic, and cultural diversity of the community. Children learn to recognize what they have in common with one another, while enjoying and respecting what makes each of them special and unique. We welcome and are supportive of all families. We further encourage cultural awareness through our classroom books, language, play materials, activities, and events.
Please check out this video to learn more about the Park Slope Child Care Collective.
WE ARE OPEN! The Park Slope Child Care Collective is open and running a full-day program. We uphold the highest standards for health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic, including:
- morning temperature checks and health screenings for all students and staff;
- staggered drop-off and pick-up schedules;
- small class sizes;
- an emphasis on mask-wearing and hand-washing for students and staff;
- an emphasis on extended time outdoors;
- proper ventilation and air purifiers in every classroom;
- daily disinfection of toys and surfaces.